Collagen is the building block of your connective tissues and skin. This amazing protein is responsible for keeping your joint cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and skin healthy. As we age, the amount of collagen in our bodies declines. This can cause reduced elasticity in cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and skin. Why should we care about that? Because it can lead to skin wrinkles (gasp!), thinner skin, and soft tissue and joint discomfort.
Here are the TOP 5 REASONS you should be taking Orthomolecular’s CollaGEN supplement:
- It protects and promotes connective tissue biosynthesis – in other words, it helps your body produce and protect connective tissue!
- It supports the body’s process of cartilage, tendon, ligament, and fascia self-repair.
- It supports joint lubrication and cushioning.
- It helps with the regulation of the normal connective tissue inflammatory response (short-term, acute inflammation is a good and necessary part of the healing and repair process!)
- It supports the normal rejuvenation of healthy hair, skin, and nails.
I routinely take 4 supplements every morning, and collagen is one of them. One scoop mixed in my coffee and I’m good to go!
It’s also important to realize that NOT ALL SUPPLEMENTS ARE CREATED EQUALLY. That’s why we offer two options to support you – we keep our big 3 recommendations in our favorite brand (Orthomolecular) in stock here at the office OR you can click here to set up a Fullscript account where you can order provider-grade supplements at a discount.
Let’s chat about this on your next visit!