The scariest thing to happen to your body?!
Research has shown that chronic inflammation is associated with heart disease, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, and bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Signs of Chronic inflammation include:
- Body pain
- Chronic Fatigue
- Frequent Infections
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders
- GI complications like constipation, diarrhea, and acid reflux
Furthermore, the latest research (click here for an example) indicates a possible link between chronic inflammation and Alzheimer’s disease and other conditions that lead to dementia.
Let’s talk about a few things you can do right now to control Chronic Inflammation:
- Eat more fatty fish or supplement with a high-quality Omega 3 Fish Oil supplement (like the one we sell in-office!) DHA and EPA found in fish oil help your body regulate the inflammatory process. This could be one reason why diets with a lot of fish such as the Mediterranean diet are so successful.
- Speaking of diets… Limit foods that cause an inflammatory response such as processed or fried foods. In addition, make sure you eat a diet that is gut friendly. The lining in our gut is a barrier that lets nutrients into the blood while preventing harmful substances from entering. Poor diets can disrupt this barrier allowing nutrients to leak out and for harmful substances to invade the blood. These harmful substances are what elicit your body’s inflammatory response!
- Exercise. This one might seem a little counterintuitive. A single workout session can increase inflammatory factors in the body. HOWEVER, long-term exercise decreases the inflammatory factors and brings down systemic inflammation. Remember how sore you get after your first workout? Luckily we don’t feel that way in our 12th or 20th workout session.